Here is your 2019 Social Media Editorial Calendar!
Click here to view the calendar in a browser. It will open the google calendar so you can view it. You can also add it to your own Google calendar right from that screen (if you use Google Calendar).
Click here to download the .ics version of the calendar to import into your online calendar (Google, Yahoo, iCal, Outlook, etc.)
Please read the complete instructions before continuing.
Instructions for importing the .ics file into your calendar (download instructions as a PDF):
***The easiest way is to open the link to view the Google Calendar, then just add it to your own calendar by clicking the “+ Google Calendar” button in the very right bottom of your screen. (on a computer, not mobile)
1. Open Google Calendar on a computer. Note: You can only import from a computer, NOT a phone or tablet; This calendar and instructions are for GOOGLE CALENDARS ONLY. Please do not open this file when other calendar programs are active on your computer.
2. CREATE A NEW CALENDAR for the Animal Welfare Editorial Calendar (call it whatever you want), unless you prefer to add this calendar to one of your existing calendars.
3. THINK about this–it’s easier to set up a separate calendar (NOT just add this to your existing Google calendar) so you can toggle it on and off. You may want to keep this separate from your personal calendar, or your staff calendar, for example.
4. In the top right, click Settings
5. Open the Calendars tab.
6. Click Import calendars between the “My calendars” and “Other calendars” sections.
7. Click Choose File and select the “2019-Animal-Welfare-Editorial-Calendar.ics” file you downloaded.
8. IMPORTANT: Choose the calendar you created in Step 4 to add the imported events to. (Otherwise, by default, events will be imported into your primary calendar.)Click Import.
- Go to Yahoo Mail and click the Calendar tab.
- If you don’t see your calendar(s) listed, click My Calendars in the left panel menu to show your list of calendars.
- Click the more options arrow Click arrow to hide folders next to the calendar you want to import the events to.
- Click Import.
- The Import Calendar or To Do List window opens.
- Click Browse.
- A system navigation window opens.
- Navigate to the “2019-Animal-Welfare-Editorial-Calendar.ics” file you downloaded.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Import.
- Select File | Import | Import… (or File | Import… | Import…) from the menu.
- Find and highlight the “2019-Animal-Welfare-Editorial-Calendar.ics” file you downloaded.
- Click Import.
- Select the iCal calendar to which you want the imported events added.
- Select New Calendar to create a new iCal calendar for the imported calendar.
- Click OK.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File > Open > Import
2. When prompted select Import an iCalendar (.ics) file and click Next
3. When prompted, select the “2019-Animal-Welfare-Editorial-Calendar.ics” file you downloaded. click OK
4. When prompted, click Import
5. The events from the iCal file will now be imported into your existing Outlook Calendar